A Lament Beyond Time.


Deep in the paradise of friendship were you,
Silent but active like the ocean so blue,
So happy you were like the fawn so new,
What would happen tomorrow, that you never knew.

Why, oh why were you ever so quiet?
Even after never being out of sight,
After years and years of happiness unbound
Tell me, oh tell me the reason if found.

Far across the distance when our eyes met at first,
I thought I had found someone who would quench my thirst,
But whoever knew you would not at all say,
That, “I love you, I love you, come whatever may”.

At present when I write about things of past,
I grieve to think that you went away so fast,
When I had come to confess to you at last,
I saw your corpse and was totally aghast.

I was shocked and stunned; I could not speak,
When I saw the one whom I had come to seek,
Lying there dead a wrangled mass;
Who knew that she would one day pass.

I heard that it was the act of poison,
Taken by herself in spoonfuls a dozen,
Being forced to marry someone else against her will,
She ended her life in an act so brazen.

She was the sweetest person I ever knew;
One of a kind; in the world very few.
With her death, comes back many memories,
Some sweet, some sour, but nevertheless memories.

Right now I am old; old enough to die,
But my soul is still young; young enough to cry.
To cry for the love I had lost long ago,
And to pray for the lovers who still have a long way to go.



Comments

Popular Posts