Stay with me.


Dear handwriting,

It's been 21 long years and the horizon is far away for us to contemplate; o yeah we will be together for as long as I survive. Pretty cool ha! Oops, I can feel some resentment from your side now, aah the pain of ignorance... I understand... I have felt it too. Hmm, don’t worry. But wait can you hear me?? I don’t think so. You don’t exist, do you?? Na I think you do... it's just that you changed…yes yes I get the point…I changed you…I wasn’t consistent; I was, let's say, too lazy!

I loved you the moment you were born! Maybe not because you were beautiful but because you were mine. The lead may have blackened my fingers like hell but heck who cares...at least I was writing...I COULD WRITE!! Yoohoo....m sure you felt the same then too...

You grew up into a wonderful creation of mine. I was amazed at how obedient my fingers were just so that they could have a glimpse of you too. They knew very well that if they don’t take it seriously you would never materialize. They knew exactly which situations would lure you to show yourself again. But I was confident that you were not a situational guest but an obsessive pest! Yes, obsessive because you were so beautiful that you wouldn't resist showing up anytime you want. You showed up every time whenever I wrote.

Yet sometimes you would fail to keep pace with me. You would lose your way and what ultimately I would get were scribbles all over the paper..hey wait..they are not scribbles..they are proper words..but who cares...no one could understand!

And then came that dreaded enemy. Computer. My mind, then an overflowing pot of joy, could never comprehend the fear you must have had at that time. I was drunk, drunk with happiness thinking that finally, I could call myself belonging to GenTech...! Poor you...you had to hope that I don't forget you...hope that I keep writing..hope that I continue admiring you the way I used to do in those innocent days...

But alas! Fate had charted a different path...a path of wilderness for you..a path where you would feel lonely to the core...a path which I am sure you had expected to come across...still you didn't let that affect you..you tried to be the best every time..that's what I love about you the most..you came whenever I needed you...whenever I missed you...

Now you may be worn out...you may not be the same...but I am satisfied with what you are now...what matters is that you should be understood...what matters is that you should not be copied...what matters is that you remain unique to me always...

My typing pace may have overtaken you but it doesn't matter...you are still one of the most beautiful things that I own...

Stay with me...stay beautiful...

Yours lovingly,

A sincere writer.




Comments

Popular Posts