Why Kolkata is to me what it is to everyone else.

Oh the sepia lights that spread their adorable essence on the stained black tar of Kolkata; 
the distant glimpse of some couple holding tight to their commonest reason of bliss; 
the four-legged companions staring at me with supreme confidence that I havnt come to encroach upon their territory; 
the dhabas standing tall in their own limited backyard; 
the branded shops exuding hypnotic glamour enough to attract our weak senses; 
the low-waisters barely surviving a dignity fall; 
the sculpted automobiles whizzing past in unimaginable merry; 
the sweet shops igniting our buds like no other; 
the majestic bridge showing us what aura is all about; 
the blatant honking of vehicles barely scratching my mind, as I take in the ambience, unparalleled in my limited knowledge and opinion about Indian cities;
and the people, the very pillar on which this city stands strong with soul..........................

All the above are simple reasons why I love the city. Many more will find their share of limelight as and when they keep getting added on to the list with passing time. 

For the time being all I can say is that Kolkata is a challenge in itself, a challenge to be disliked for all the wrong reasons. 
Thats never going to happen; the good ones are too strong to be ignored. 

For once we remember the good things over the bad. 
Kolkata is a very lucky city, I must say. 

This Puja I may have missed. But the updates of my bong friends are enough for me to atleast visualize the times that I might have spent had I been there. 

I am not sad about it; am just glad that next time I can enjoy much more. 
Cuz now I know what it means to actually miss Durga Puja............!! 




Comments

Popular Posts